2 factors auth : Autofill with secret key ?

BigStef
BigStef
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Mac

Hi Agile Bits team (and happy end of year :)
Is there any chance to see the shortcut to fill password, filling also the secret key on 2 factors authentification ? Or is this compromise the security ? Today I fill the user and password with short code, the the page is sent, I have to stop it, filling the secret key and send again the page. A bit not comfortable (that's why I'm using 2 factors auth only on one site).
Thanks in advance for any info/advice...

1Password Version: 6.5.3
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version: Mas Os Sierra
_Sync Type: Family

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BigStef,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about filling one-time passwords with the 1Password extension! The reason that isn't currently possible is because the extension doesn't support filling custom fields. So, the same is true for any other custom field you might add to an item in 1Password. But this is a popular request, and we definitely want to do something about it. Our developers are looking into possible solutions, so hopefully filling one-time passwords will be easier in the future.

In the meantime, it sounds like you're asked to enter the one-time password on the same page as the username and regular password? If so, you can stop 1Password from automatically submitting the sign-in form so you don't need to stop it yourself. Find that Login item in the 1Password app, click Edit, and change the submit setting to Never submit (then click Save). Now 1Password won't automatically submit the form before you've had a chance to copy & paste the one-time password.

Thanks again, and if you have more questions or need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Happy New Year! :)

ref: OPX-758

• BigStef
    BigStef
    Community Member

Hi Drew,
    Thank you for your complete and quick answer. I have set login item item to "Never Submit" so this is now better. And I wait now for your next releases I case autofilling will be improved.
    Happy new year to all Agile Bits Team :-)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BigStef

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear his suggestion was helpful and that you'll be looking forward to our updates :chuffed: If there's anything else that we can help you with, we're always here for you!

This discussion has been closed.