Availability of various features

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Mac

I am a long time user and wondering if the following features are available. All of them are auto-fill.

• My mother's maiden name
  • RSA SecureID (http://www.tokenguard.com/RSA-SecurID-SID700.asp)
  • Websites that gives you drop-down menu to enter user name and password; some Apache sites where .htaccess is setup, gives you a drop-down box to enter user name and password; however, Apache is not the only web server that does that.
  • ssh password (setting up ssh key is not an option)
  • Windows prompt especially when connecting to terminal servers

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @henders,

Good question... let's look at them one by one.

My mother's maiden name

Technically speaking, this is fillable... but probably not in the way that you'd make use of. When creating a new login item based on a form that has that field, it could be fillable. But you can't necessarily use that login item on another site. This makes the usefulness in this case to be... limited.

RSA SecureID

We support some forms of One Time Passwords (mainly TOTP), unfortunately RSA SecureID is not one of them.

Websites that gives you drop-down menu to enter user name and password?

Are you referring to HTTP Basic Auth sheets? We're mostly limited by browser technology there. If I remember correctly, Chrome exposes what we need in order to implement filling those, but not the other browsers. We haven't implemented it for Chrome yet, in hopes that other browsers implement something standardized.

ssh password

The limiting factor here is mostly the terminal apps themselves. So far every idea we've had for how to this hasn't panned out.

Windows prompt especially when connecting to terminal servers

We haven't done any kind of filling in native apps. There are similar issues to the terminal, but with a couple more options available to us. It would be wonderful if Apple exposed similar extensions in macOS as they implemented in iOS so that we could do something like this.

I hope this answers your questions.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.