Sharing a password via Messages not working.

pgaucher8
pgaucher8
Community Member

I am attempting to share a password via Messages. I get the dialogue box warning me...Sharing your items outside of 1Password sends them in plain text. Please be confident in the security of the method you use to share.
I click: I Understand and nothing happens. Sharing via Messages has worked in the recent past.
1Password 6
Version 6.5.3 (653000)
AgileBits Store
MacOS 10.12.3 (16D32)

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:share via messages not working

Comments

• Hi @pgaucher8 ,

Does this only happen for messages? If you try to share via email, does it work?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• pgaucher8
    pgaucher8
    Community Member

It works with email.

• Hi @pgaucher8 ,

Thanks for letting me know. I'd like you to launch Messages (if you haven't already) and then try it again. If it still doesn't work, please take note of the date and time. Then, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Also, include the date and time you tried to send the item.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.