IMac is saying IPassword is damaged and cant be opened.

Options
ridethebike
ridethebike
Community Member

Every time I try to access IPassword on my IMac I get the following message - “1Password” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “1Password” and download it again from the App Store.' Two IPassword icons have appeared on Launchpad for some reason. Should I / How do I delete one or both of these please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Every time I try to access IPassword on my IMac I get the following message - “1Password” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “1Password” and download it again from the App Store.' I also have two IPassword icons on Launchpad for some reason. Should I / How do I delete one or both of these please?

Comments

• jfboulard
    jfboulard
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Anyone have a solution?

• julrich91
    julrich91
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. Also on iMac. Any assistance is appreciated!

• julrich91
    julrich91
    Community Member
    Options

Alright - I got mine working again.
    I couldn't remember if I had purchased through the online AgileBits store or the App Store, so I checked my App Store Purchases (open App Store and click Purchases at the top of the app) and found 1Password on the list. Clicked the INSTALL button and the app downloaded and installed again.
    Opened it from my Applications folder and viola! Back in business.

Hope this helps!

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ridethebike, @jfboulard, @julrich91

Sorry about this Guys! As @julrich91 mentioned, reinstalling the 1Password app will fix the problem ;) Here are some more detailed, step-by-step instructions for future reference:

To uninstall the 1Password app

1. Go to the Applications folder;
    2. Find the 1Password app and drag it to the Trash (Important: do not use any app uninstallers or app cleaning tools or you risk deleting your data together with the 1Password app!);
    3. Empty the Trash;
    4. Reboot your Mac.

To reinstall the 1Password app

If you're using the Mac App Store version of 1Password:

1. After the reboot, launch the Mac App Store (make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to purchase 1Password).
    2. Go to the Purchased tab and click the Install button next to 1Password.
    3. Once the installation is complete, go to the Applications folder and double-click 1Password to open it.

If you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password:

1. After the reboot, download a fresh copy of 1Password from our download page.
    2. Once downloaded, unzip the file (if necessary) and drag it to the Applications folder.
    3. Double-click the 1Password app to open it.

Everything should now be working again ;)

• ridethebike
    ridethebike
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - this has been really helpful and resolved my problem. Really relieved as I thought I might lose all my passwords!

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great @ridethebike, I'm happy to hear this! :)

This discussion has been closed.