Can I really trust 1Password if I choose random generated passwords

Babbling
Babbling
Community Member

I've looked a little bit for the answer...but I just need some reassurance please.

I would like to move to have randomly generated passwords as I know they are much more secure than my current system (all based on a similar theme).

But I'm really scared that if 1Password is the only place my passwords are stored, and something goes wrong, I'll lose access to my many, many logins. (I'm not worried about the security of my passwords--I trust 1Password for that. What I'm worried about is accessing/re-creating them if something goes wrong.)

So:

1) if my computer dies, can I easily access them from another computer (say, my wife's) while I'm sorting out the issue? (The other computers I have access to are Windows whereas I'm on a Mac.)
2) if 1Password gets corrupted on my computer (either the program or the password storage) can I get a backup easily?

Feel free to point me to articles...(but a human reassurance would also go a long way! :-) )

Thanks!!

Peter

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.3 (653000) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Babbling :)

1) Absolutely yes. With a 1Password.com account you can keep multiple devices (including mobile devices) in sync with your 1Password account, so even if one of your devices dies, you will be able to access your data from any other device. With a 1Password.com account you also get access to the 1Password.com Web app so you can access your items from a browser even on machines where 1Password is not installed ;)

2) Your 1Password.com account is backed up automatically so you don't have to worry about this either.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• Babbling
    Babbling
    Community Member

Thank you Daniel!

That's helpful!

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

No worries @Babbling, my pleasure! If you need anything else, just shoot us a message anytime ;)

This discussion has been closed.