Is there a way to verify vault integrity?

Options
dzakary
dzakary
Community Member

Had a scary incident after installing the latest macOS Sierra update (10.12.3). Whenever I tried to open 1P I was told that my master password was invalid. That was frightening. Made sure that 1P was up to date, it was. The browser extensions had also disappeared as had the menu bar mini-1P. Restarted several times, no luck. Finally after what was probably the 5th or 6th restart the mini browser came back and I was able to re-install the Safari extension. 1P then accepted my master password.

Is there a way to verify the integrity of a 1P vault? After all this I'd really like to make sure that the vault is OK.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:verify vault

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dzakary

I'm sorry to hear that you had some trouble with 1Password when you updated to Sierra! It can be pretty scary when something like this happens. Did you ever try connecting to 1Password directly via de main app? Does it look like everything is all right with your data? If sounds like your vault is ok, but there was some communication trouble with 1Password mini and the main app after updating but not with your data base. I'd recommend you to make sure you have a backup of the current state of things by going to 1Password Preferences then Backup and pick "Backup now". That will ensure you have a copy of your data with everything working well for you :chuffed:

• dzakary
    dzakary
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar,

It was the main app that kept giving the invalid password error. The Mini browser had vanished from the toolbar as had the browser extensions. As mentioned, 5 or 6 restarts later things seemed to be fine. After each restart I'd try to get in via the main 1P app. Finally something changed and it let me in. Backups are done regularly. Everything seems fine now but it was worrisome for a while.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dzakary

Thank you for your reply, it sounds really weird. We'd really appreciate it if you could send us a Diagnostics Report to see if we find some clues there into what's going on.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.