CHANGE - USER / Login / Logout with other user on same windows / browser

Hi to all 1password friend :-)

first i like to say, i change from lastpass to 1password. I feel more safe here and i like it!

My question: i need team password and we use the same user on windows. how can we change the 1password login to other user/mail account? id should be easy to change, mabye with memory the user. That we can just change and put masterpassword. :)

hope its posible ;-)

thanks in advance for help!

1Password Version: 6.2.333
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: win 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @salzano,

Thanks for writing in, and welcome to 1Password. :)

Switching out the user account easily (without having to completely sign out/sign in) isn't possible in any of our apps. It's something that we'd like to make possible one day, but it's not currently a priority for us. Probably not the answer you want to hear, but I like to be as honest as possible about things like that.

Cheers.

Rick

• salzano
    salzano
    Community Member

Hi Rick

Thanks for reply. Oh sad that isn't possible. I hope one day will come too :-)
    If you can inform me then, that would be great!

Enjoy your day.
    Cheers

• On behalf of Rick, you're welcome. :) We're here if you have some other questions.

• Matijn
    Matijn
    Community Member

Hi Jacob, I have a similar question. We have a team-account with approximately 35 users. In our office some users need to change stations once in a while. Even after removing the 1password software and reinstalling we cannot login with other team-members. Do you guys have any solution for that?

Warm regards,

Matijn

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Matijn: While you can always logout of one account in the app and login with another, this isn't something we recommend, both for usability (!P just isn't designed with this in mind) and security reasons. Separate user accounts is something the OS supports though, and this is both better for the user (fast switching between accounts as needed) and more secure (since they each have their own operating environment separate from other users' data). While this is an area we're interested in, since this is a feature all modern OSes have supported themselves for years (decades, in many cases), we're focused on areas where 1Password can make a bigger difference.

• Matijn
    Matijn
    Community Member

@brenty : Thank you for your swift reply! Our desktops don't have separate accounts yet. We will investigate this option within our company. In our case, someone has 'left' the company and I need allocate a new team-member to the desktop. So I can't logout the desktop application. After removing the software and re-installing, the application will ask for the 'master' password (probably from the previous user). So the removal wasn't successful. Moreover, can I do a clean installation? Looking forward to you reply ;-)

Warm regards,

Matijn

• Hi @Matijn - On behalf of @Brenty, you're very welcome. You could reset 1Password which will erase everything within the app. When you re-launch 1Password, you will start from the welcome screen so the next employee can sign in and add their account. I will include a helpful link below on how to start over with 1Password -

https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

I hope this helped and keep us posted if you have any further questions. We're here to help :smile:

This discussion has been closed.