To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I updated my subscription to 1Password. Why is account still showing as frozen ?

Options
M2
M2
Community Member

I updated my subscription this morning, but the account is still frozen.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.5.3
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:I updated my subscription to 1Password. Why is my account still showing as "frozen"?

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @M2 - Thanks for getting in touch. I just checked your account and the update did come through. Where are you seeing the 'account frozen' message exactly? Is it in the Mac app or somewhere else?

• M2
    M2
    Community Member
    Options

It was showing up in the Mac app, but I just checked it and it seems to be working now. Funny, because I restarted before, thinking that would reset it. Anyway, it works, so I'm all good. Thanks.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@M2 - I'm happy to hear that! Let me know if it comes up again! :)

• SSteve
    SSteve
    Community Member
    Options

@Roman I had the same issue today. I tried to use 1Password to fill in a form on Safari (under OS X 10.11.6) and got the message that my account was frozen. I subscribed but it was about five-ten minutes before I could use 1Password again. Whatever your programmers can do to make the subscription effective immediately would be good. Otherwise it's not a very positive reinforcement for paying for the product.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SSteve - That's interesting. Thanks for letting us know about this! Did you do anything special to try to rectify this, or did it eventually just work again?

• SSteve
    SSteve
    Community Member
    Options

I restarted Safari and then I restarted Safari and 1Password but I don't know if those did anything or if was just a matter of the activation taking time to propagate.

One other approach would be to let the user know that their account is going to be frozen in a couple weeks instead of it happening without warning. Yesterday I was in a situation where it was easy for me to go ahead and buy the subscription right away but I can imagine scenarios where that might not be the case. In those scenarios I'd be stuck without the use of 1Password for a longer time and would be more and more frustrated as every time I try to log in to a website I get the "frozen" message and have to manually copy and paste my password. It would be like, during a power outage, being unable to stop myself from turning on the light switch every time I enter a room. That's how automatic my usage of 1Password is.

I think it would be a good idea for your product team to spend some time thinking about ways to reduce friction through the subscription expiration/renewal process. Right now it's a bad user experience at the exact moment when the user is paying money. That's a terrible combination.

Just to be clear, because it's hard to convey tone through text, I'm not angry. I'm only sharing my experience to give feedback on the process in the hope that it can be improved for others. I rely on 1Password and want AgileBits to be continue being successful.

• Hi @SSteve - We appreciate the additional details. This definitely helps us, your constructive feedback is very much appreciated. I will pass this along to my team and thank you again for sharing your experience. Have a fantastic day and let us know if we can be of any further assistance. We're always happy to help and listen :-)

This discussion has been closed.