To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Share Vault from local 1password User to 1password Online User

jpartain89
jpartain89
Community Member

I am using 1password non-online, but I have a friend that I need to share a vault with who he IS an online 1password user.

Other than using Dropbox or iCloud (he's on a windows desktop, but uses an iPhone) to sync a shared Vault with him, is there a way to sync a shared Vault to his Online 1password?

MINE

1Password 6 - macOS
Version 6.6.1 (661010)
AgileBits Store
Dropbox Syncing

HIM

1Password 6 for Windows
Online Account

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jpartain89 - Thanks for raising this question. Sharing vaults outside of 1Password accounts is possible. Dropbox is a good solution for that, and it's the only one. iCloud isn't good choice, as a) you have non-Apple devices involved and b) iCloud doesn't allow sharing data with other users.

If you're interested in sharing your vault using our 1Password.com account offering, you could consider getting an account for the succinct purpose of sharing this one vault. You wouldn't need to move your other data to your account, if you're uncomfortable doing so.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any additional information. I’ll be happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.