To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account problem: have access to passwords but not account data

Options
Newnesi
Newnesi
Community Member

Recently I got a new computer and transferred files from the old one to the new (Mac OS 10.2.3). As part of this process, I needed to install DropBox and noted that keychains and the like were now installed in an Apps folder. I copied the 1Password file into the new location and directed 1Password to use this version. I use IPassword on an iPhone and iPod and so made that change their too.
I now find that I need to login to 1Password on each of those devices but I don't have the account key anywhere.
On my Mac, I have access to the items in 1Password but there is no account in the preferences tab.
I have a web account (which I'm writing this from) but this does not seem to record any of this information.
I can (and have) exported all my password data.
What is the best approach for me now? Should I start over with a fresh account and import that password information? Are there are traps that I should be aware of?
Many thanks,
Craig

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.6.3.BETA-1 (663001) AgileBit
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OS X 10.2.3 beta 5
Sync Type: Dro

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Newsnesi - I'm sorry for the confusion. You mentioned that you sync through Dropbox. In that case using 1Password does not require an Account Key. An Account Key is only required if you signed up for our 1Password.com subscriptions.

To set up 1Password on your devices iPod and iPhone, please don't try to log in to a 1Password.com account (which you'd only have as a subscriber), but instead choose the option to connect to your Dropbox account. Here's what it looks like on an iPhone:

I hope this helps! :)

• Newnesi
    Newnesi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much: very helpful. I thought I was stuck in a cycle with no obvious exit.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Newnesi - Happy I could help. Let me know if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.