To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Getting rid of account from old computer

Options
Bronwen224466
Bronwen224466
Community Member

Hello. I have an individual 1Password account which is installed on several computers/devices. One is a MacBook that is being replaced. I want to delete 1Password from the old MacBook but I don't want to affect my account on other computers/devices. I cannot open the old one, and understand that if I want to, I will need to download and install the current version of 1Password. But since I want to delete it anyway, is that necessary? Or can I just drag it into the trash? Again, I don't want to delete the data from other devices. Will that happen if I move the app to the trash? Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Bronwen224466 - Great question and I'm happy you asked us. Since you signed up for a 1Password membership, we host the data and everything is securely encrypted and backed up on our servers. This will not affect your data, you can actually view it from any device via the web - https://my.1Password.com. So yes, you can move it to the trash without it causing an issue. I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.