To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Best means to separate home and work passwords?

Options
Innov8
Innov8
Community Member

Discussion came up in a Board meeting today at the nonprofit I run: What would happen if I was hit by a bus? Could others access our password-protected accounts?

I use 1Password but I have co-mingled my home and work account passwords.

What would you suggest as the best means of completely separating those two types of accounts? I thought of using separate Vaults, but I'd really like to have two separate Master Passwords to even open 1Passwords. Do I need to buy another 1Password app and completely separate the two types of accounts?

Your thoughts?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hey @Innov8! The best way would be to get your workplace set up with 1Password Teams so you can all share passwords and other items with each other. This is more convenient when they need access to stuff, and of course if something does happen to one of you, the others can still access things. It would be separate from how you have 1Password set up now.

If you purchased a 1Password license or got 1Password in the App Store, that didn't include an account so you may have a vault stored locally on your device, in which case I recommend either migrating to an account or syncing your data somewhere as a backup.

Whatever you decide for your personal matters, I'd recommend having two 1Password accounts — one that is accessible in some way by your team at the nonprofit, and another that is just accessible to you, or perhaps your family. Hope that helps :)

This discussion has been closed.