Seeking an update on a 1Password Epic browser extension.

JCW
JCW
Community Member

The most recent forum article on an 1Password Epic browser extension suggests that it isn't possible. However this site (https://epicbrowser.com/webstore/?hl=en-US) when displayed in the Epic browser shows a list of available browser extensions, including a competitor of 1Password. I don't use that product and cannot live without 1Password. (Okay, so maybe I can live without it, but why would I want to?) It seems to me that since both Chrome and Epic are built on chromium the Chrome extension should be close to an Epic extension, but the Chrome extension currently does not work on Epic. Is there any chance we'll be seeing a functioning 1Password extension for Epic in the near future? Or should the 1Password community be asking this of the Epic developers?

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: macOS 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:extension for the Epic browser?

Comments

• @JCW,

Thanks for your feedback, but I don't think its very likely that we'll be adding support for Epic at this time.

Rudy

• atrius
    atrius
    Community Member

Is Agilebits considering to get 1password extension certified for Epic Browser? Since Epic browser is based on Chromium and you already support Opera and Chrome, it should not be too much of a hassle to do so. LassPass is on their short list of supported extensions, would be nice to see 1password there too.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @atrius,

I've moved your question to a similar discussion, hope that's okay. :)

See Rudy's response about this. Sorry for not having better news for you right now.

• manarh
    manarh
    Community Member

Any news? Seems a relatively easy task and Epic is not that obscure. Moreover if the point of 1password is partly to improve security you'd think supporting one of the more popular security focused browsers would make sense....

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

I am not sure if my comment is relevant as I haven't investigated further but 1Password is already integrated into Brave browser. Perhaps Brave is a better fit than Epic browser if 1Password/Agilebits isn't interested in getting Epic to work?

• We have no news to share regarding Epic. As wkleem mentioned, the Brave browser would be an alternative. The Brave team did the work to get our Chrome extension working inside of Brave.

Rick

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member

Could we get a definitive answer regarding whether or not Epic will be supported? Thanks.

• @ag1pwun,

The answer is still the same as it was back in march.

Rudy

• soundog
    soundog
    Community Member

How about the answer in March 2019?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@soundog - no, still the same. :)

This discussion has been closed.