1password mini refuses doing anything

Options
savruk
savruk
Community Member

Hi,
Recently I started to get some problems with 1password mini. It all started with some sites that it couldn't fill the login credentials. But since yesterday, it can't fill any login credentials for any site. What is not working:

1 - cmd + \ sometimes works sometimes doesn't work, I mean it doesn't open the mini box. Even if it works, it doesn't fill in any login information. It just closes.
2- I try to use extension in case cmd + \ fails to work. I click the login item for that site, but again it just closes without filling anything/

Bonus point: It doesn't save the new logins. It said something like: "you don't have enough enough permission to update this vault", but I forgot to take screenshot

What I did so far:

• I tried firefox & chrome
  • I tried reinstalling the extensions
  • I tried reinstalling the app from app store and manually from the site.

But as you can imagine nothing worked, so here I am.
I would appreciate your help,
Yusuf

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: OS X 10.12.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• savruk
    savruk
    Community Member
    Options

This is what I get when I try to use "Password Generator"

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @savruk,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with 1Password!

From your description, it sounds like you're using the Mac App Store version of 1Password. If you click on the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menu bar, do you see a message there about being in Read Only mode? If so, did you originally purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store or from our own AgileBits Store?

Also, do you happen to recall if this problem started after a recent update? Have you recently switched from the AgileBits Store version to the Mac App Store version of 1Password?

Thanks in advance! :)

• savruk
    savruk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Drew_AG,

Thanks for checking this out. After removing App Store version and installing the application from the website, readonly mode is gone. But still I am having troubles with filling the credentials automatically.

And unfortunately I can't remember the version this issue started to happen.

p.s I am a trial version user, maybe that makes a difference?

Thanks for checking this out!
    Yusuf

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @savruk,

After removing App Store version and installing the application from the website, readonly mode is gone.

You must have read my mind, as that's what I was going to suggest! :lol:

We recently made the Mac App Store version of 1Password free to download, but it will be in read-only mode unless you previously purchased it from the Mac App Store, make a new in-app purchase for it, or sign into a 1Password.com account. In read-only mode, 1Password won't fill web forms, and you won't be able to make any changes to your data. It sounds like you were previously using the AgileBits Store version before switching to the Mac App Store version.

But still I am having troubles with filling the credentials automatically.

[...]

p.s I am a trial version user, maybe that makes a difference?

If you click the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menu bar, does it show a "Trial Expired" message? If the trial period has expired, it will no longer fill web forms - it's very similar to the "read-only mode" in the Mac App Store version. You'll still be able to view your data in the 1Password app, but in order to add/edit items, fill web forms, etc, you'll need an active 1Password.com account or a license for the 1Password for Mac app. We have more information here: If you see “Trial Expired” in 1Password

Sorry for any confusion about that! I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.