1Password closes right after unlocking it

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password opens, then closes within 2 seconds.

Comments

• spstone
    spstone
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. What was the solution?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @spstone,

I'm sorry to hear you're having a strange problem with 1Password! I hope you don't mind, but I've split your post into a separate thread since it might be a different issue than the one from the original discussion.

If I understand what's happening on your end, you open the main 1Password app, enter your master password to unlock it, and then the app closes and locks itself a few moments later. Is that correct?

If so, please open the Applications folder on your Mac. Do you happen to have multiple 1Password apps in there? If so, what are their names? And which one has all your latest data?

Or if you only have a single 1Password app, you can try deleting and reinstalling it (which seemed to solve the problem for the OP in the original thread):

• Go to the Applications folder and drag the 1Password app file to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning tools).
    • Empty the Trash.
    • Reboot your Mac.
    • After your Mac restarts, download a fresh copy of 1Password. (If you use the AgileBits Store version, download it from our download site and run the .pkg installer. If you use the Mac App Store version, launch the Mac App Store and download/install it from the Purchased section.)
    • Go to the Applications folder and double-click the new app to open it.

Does that help? Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• spstone
    spstone
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi @Drew_AG

your solution only works if I remove all 1Password/Agilebits folders from the Library folder on the Mac. Then restart and install the newest Version.
    Would the Application Protocol helps you to find the problem?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @spstone,

your solution only works if I remove all 1Password/Agilebits folders from the Library folder...

I'm not sure I understand - it sounds like you removed your 1Password data folder, which means the 1Password app won't be able to find your data and will show you the initial 'Welcome' screen the next time you open it. If that's what you tried, what happened next? Did you go through the setup screens in 1Password again? Which options did you choose, and were you able to restore your data? If so, does that seem to have solved the problem?

• spstone
    spstone
    Community Member
    Options

I removed the App and the data folder. Then I restarted, re-install 1Password and went through the login screen.
    Only solution that worked for me and 2 other

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hmm, that's interesting - that would seem to imply there was a problem within the data folder. Thank you for letting us know the steps you took which seem to have solved that!

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.