Duplicated entries of entries after mobile and desktop sync

Options
Tomek
Tomek
Community Member

Is there any way to find items with duplicate item-names (titles - I am not sure about English name as I am using Polish version). The problem is that 1Password in Polish version is using (or was using) slightly different names of fields in mobile and MacOS version. After synchronization via iCloud entries were recognized as different and I have plenty of them duplicated

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 6.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:duplicates

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Tomek,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help!

Is there any way to find items with duplicate item-names...

If I understand your question, there are a couple ways to easily find items that have the same title. In the main 1Password app, you can sort an item list by Title (which is the default sort option), so your items will be listed alphabetically. You can scroll through the list to see which items have the same names. Or if you know the name of the item(s) you're searching for, you can simply start typing it in the 'Search' field at the top of the item list, and that will find items with that text in the title.

After synchronization via iCloud entries were recognized as different and I have plenty of them duplicated

Do you mean you have two copies of some of your items, or do some of your items contain duplicate fields with the same information (but different field names)?

Also, was this the first time you synced 1Password between your Mac and iOS device?

• Tomek
    Tomek
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew,

I have two copies almost of each of my entry in synced 1Password database. So, I am rather looking for solution to list at once each duplicated item and delete them (second copy) with one click. Otherwise, I have go via list 1000+ entries and investigate what to delete - a little bit less then half of database. Nightmare

Yes - the result is generated by first time sync between iOS and Mac. Before iCould I was using WiFi sync

Cheers

Tomek

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Tomek,

Thank you for the clarification. Switching from Wi-Fi sync (aka WLAN Server) to iCloud shouldn't result in duplicates of your items, so I'm not sure why that happened. Did you by any chance export your data to a .1pif file and then import it back into 1Password for Mac again? Or did you copy/move your items to another vault in 1Password on your Mac?

I am rather looking for solution to list at once each duplicated item and delete them (second copy) with one click.

There's no technical difference between an "original" item and a "duplicate" item - even if two items each contain similar or identical information, they're seen as two separate items by 1Password. So assuming all your items are in the same vault, there's no way to list only those you consider duplicates.

However, there's another option: Before you started syncing 1Password via iCloud, did you have all your latest 1Password data on your Mac? If so, you can restore from a backup on your Mac, and reset the 1Password data in iCloud and on your iOS device:

To restore from a backup: Open the main 1Password app on your Mac and go to File > Restore, then select a Backup file from before the duplicates appeared and click the Restore button. (Please note that you'll lose any changes you made after that backup was created. In that case, stop here and let us know so we can explain how to export the changed/new items before restoring from a backup.)

To reset your 1Password data in iCloud: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data. After resetting the iCloud data, you can re-enable sync with iCloud from 1Password > Preferences > Sync.

To reset your 1Password data on your iOS device: Delete and reinstall the 1Password app on your iOS device. When you open it for the first time after reinstalling it, you'll be able to choose the option to sync your data from iCloud.

Let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.