Subscription and Stand Alone

Quick suggestion: I tried searching and reading but there are so many of the same posts on here. I suggest archiving duplicate messages or making the FAQs more visible or easier to see. I hate to post something that i know has probably been addressed but it's just hard to navigate your site.

My issue is that I bought the iOS version last year. I didn't ever use it and recently started using 1Password on my Mac. I'm being asked to subscribe now or it will turn off. How do I switch my software over so it "sees" the license I paid full price for last year? I don't want a subscription model and just want to get what I paid for when I bought the software last year.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• FrankFrank

Team Member
    edited April 2017

Hi @dom18pars - Thank you for reaching out to us. 1Password on iOS is free to use unless your referring to the in-app purchase for the Pro features. The Pro features don't include a license to use 1Password on the Mac (separate purchase). You can read a little more about the Pro features here - https://support.1password.com/pro-features/

We're no longer marketing the standalone license offering. While it is still possible to purchase it (I'll email you a link), we are no longer recommending it for new customers. It requires more technical skill and attention to configure and maintain and as such we strongly feel the subscription offering is the better choice for most people. That said, there are some that are comfortable with the level of technical skill required to set up the standalone product, and if you're one of them, then you're welcome to give it a try. I just don't want you to be put off on 1Password altogether because of that.

You mentioned that you weren't interested in signing up for the subscription service but let me tell you a little more about some of the benefits that are included so you're well informed about both options.

With a 1Password membership all of our apps (Windows, Mac, Pro features for iOS & Android) are included; even future paid upgrades since it's built into the monthly pricing. You can also access your 1Password data from any device via the web. There is no sync set up required since we take care of all the syncing on our end. It’s more secure, your data is fully encrypted using a randomized unique Secret Key in conjunction with your Master Password (only you know the keys to decrypt your data). This also includes data recovery, you just have to sign into 1Password using your login credentials and your data will already be there waiting for you.

We include a 30 day free trial giving you a chance to test drive all the features without having to pay for anything. I'll also be happy to credit you for the Pro features that you purchased previously. I hope this helped. Keep me posted if you have any additional questions and I'll be more than happy to assist you :+1:

• Thanks for the information. I guess it would have been nice to know before I spent the money on the full app which I now don't need or will do what I want. Disappointing.

• AGAlumBAGAlumB 1Password Alumni

Sorry for the confusion there. Indeed, it isn't really sustainable (or possible, since the iOS App Store is separate from everything else, including the Mac App Store) for us to give you all of our products just by purchasing the mobile app. But if you'd like to use 1Password on all of your devices, a 1Password.com membership is an easy and affordable way to do that. As Frank mentioned, you can sign up for a free trial, and if you'll shoot us an email at [email protected] from the account you sign up with and attach a copy of your App Store receipt, we'll see if there's something we can do for you. Just post the Support ID here so we can find it right away. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.