Syncing Trouble After Replacing Phone

jr0687
jr0687
Community Member

Hi, I am having issues syncing over WLAN server to my new phone I just replaced. I've tried creating a 1Password login account to ease the process, but I don't know what the Account Key is. I do have the License Key, but it appears to be different. I read previous forums and discovered the Sign-in Address is: my.1password.com.

Any quick help is appreciated!

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.4.90
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Folder

Comments

• Hi @jr0687 - I'll do my best to help you. We provide the Secret Key during the sign up process and it's located on your Emergency Kit. If you added the account to your new phone, you can also recover it using this guide -

https://support.1password.com/secret-key/#if-you-added-your-account-to-the-1password-app

Keep me posted if you were able to recover the Secret Key from your device. Depending on where your existing 1Password data is located, you can add the new 1Password.com account to your existing 1Password app then move the items over to your new Personal vault. I hope this helped a bit. Let me know if you have any further questions. I'm happy to help :+1:

• jr0687
    jr0687
    Community Member

Hi @Frank, I can't access my Emergency Kit, because in order to do that, I need a 1Password account – which I can't create w/o a Secret Key. I never created a 1Password account when signing up (I just had a license key).

I'm only attempting to create a 1Password login account, to make syncing easier. My original problem is that 1Password is not syncing on my phone when connected through the WLAN Server. I've troubleshooted a few things and still doesn't work.

• jr0687
    jr0687
    Community Member

To clarify, I need the Account Key (not Secret Key) and all I have is a License Key.

• jr0687
    jr0687
    Community Member

@Frank, apparently since I only have a license key I can't set up a 1password member account, which is fine.

I just need help with troubleshooting the sync. It's not working. I've followed these instructions: https://support.1password.com/wlan-server/

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jr0687,

Thank you for clarifying - I think we initially misunderstood what you meant, as your original post sounded like you had already created a 1Password.com account. If you haven't signed up for an account on 1Password.com, that means you don't have an account to sign into, and therefore you don't need to use the Accounts tab in the Preferences window.

On the other hand, if you decide to sign up for a 1Password.com account, you'll receive the information you need in order to sign into that account in the 1Password app on your Mac and iPhone (and other devices, if any). Also, you won't need to worry about setting up sync via WLAN Server, because one of the benefits of an account is that there aren't any sync settings to configure - the data in your account would automatically sync through our own servers. That's definitely the easiest way to keep your 1Password data up to date on each device. There are also many other advantages, which you can read about here: What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If you'd prefer not to sign up for an account and would instead like to sync with the WLAN Server option, you can certainly do that. WLAN Server isn't quite as easy or user-friendly as the other sync options, but we have the steps to set it up here: How to use the WLAN server

I hope that helps to clear things up! Please let us know how it all goes and if you have any questions about that. :)

• jr0687
    jr0687
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG, thanks. I'm sorry there was any confusion.

I'm still having issues using the WLAN server to sync 1Password from my desktop to my phone. Can you help me with that? (I've already checked the link you sent me, as I mentioned in my previous comment). Still having issues.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jr0687,

Can you please elaborate on what sort of trouble you're having with WLAN server? I'm not sure if there's a problem setting it up between your Mac and iPhone, or if it appears to be enabled correctly on both but isn't actually working. What do you see in the WLAN server settings on each device? Do you get any error messages? If you can describe the exact steps you're taking and what happens, we should have a better idea of what's going on.

Also, if you haven't already seen it, we have troubleshooting information here: If you're having trouble using the WLAN server

Let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.