Why can't I use the feature where 1Password pulls out from side of iPad mini 4but not my larger ipad

Options
geonlaine
geonlaine
Community Member

On my iPad mini 4 I can pull ipassword out from the side of the screen which is very handy to access passwords without having to leave the website. However when I try to do that on my larger but older iPad still running the 10.3.1 that feature doesn't work.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.1
Sync Type: Icloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password works from side on iPad mini but not larger iPad

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @geonlaine,

Split View is only compatible with the iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad Pro, and newer. Apple didn't design it to work on older iPads. :(

Sorry for the trouble.

Ben

• geonlaine
    geonlaine
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    Thank you for that information. It saves from wasting my time trying to make it work. I really love it and find that feature very handy.

• Ben
    Options

Me too! I use it all the time on my iPad Air. Wish the iPad "4G" had it, as I have one of those kicking around too.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben,

Time to upgrade! I feel your pain as I also have an iPad 4 but it has a 32bit CPU and won't make it to iOS 11. I have to consider if the iPads as still worthwhile since tablets are not full fledged like OS X based Macs.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yep, similar with my iPhone 5c not getting iOS 11.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've closed this discussion, the end of which has now been split off and continued in a different direction over here. :)

This discussion has been closed.