I purchased one password on itunes but it says my account is locked and asking me to subscribe

Options
vaniep
vaniep
Community Member

I purchased one password on itunes but it says my account is locked and asking me to subscribe. I can send a screen grab of proof of purchase. Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I purchased one password on itunes but it says my account is locked and asking me to subscribe

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hi @vaniep,

Sorry you're having trouble with 1Password! You said you purchased it on iTunes, but the App Store in iTunes only sells iOS apps. Since you're using macOS Sierra, I assume you're having trouble with the Mac version of 1Password. Did you purchase 1Password as a standalone app from the Mac App Store? Or do you subscribe to a 1Password.com account?

...it says my account is locked...

Can you please let us know the exact message you're seeing? Also, where are you seeing that message - in the app itself, in an email, on 1Password.com, etc? It might help to take a screenshot of that message (just make sure it doesn't show any personal/private information). When replying, you can drag the screenshot into your message, or click the "Attach image" button above the comment field and select the file.

Thanks in advance! :)

• vaniep
    vaniep
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased 1Password from the mac app store. I downloaded it and merged it with my old account (which was also a standalone app but on a family shared account and I wanted my own). I got rid of my old account and now it asks me to pay for a subscription. It gives me this note on both my computers and my iPhone. The message shows up in the app itself when I open the app.

Please see attached screengrabs of both messages on my computer and phone as well as my bank charge of the purchase and proof of purchase on the app store. I think something got wonky after I merged my old account and deleted that vault.

!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

Thank you for the screenshots, @vaniep! That definitely helps, and I think the main problem here is just some confusion between purchasing 1Password as a standalone app and subscribing to a 1Password.com account. Those are two different ways to pay for & use 1Password, but it looks like you did both (paid for the standalone app from the Mac App Store and also signed up for a 1Password.com account).

Your purchase from the Mac App Store for $64.99 allows you to install and use that app on all your Macs and sync your data via Dropbox or iCloud, but that purchase does not include the 1Password app on other platforms (Windows, iOS, Android), and future versions may be paid upgrades. Also, that purchase does not include a 1Password.com subscription and will not unfreeze an account.

You also signed up for a 1Password.com account, which is a subscription service with a recurring monthly or annual fee. An account allows you to use the latest version of the 1Password app on all supported platforms, sync happens automatically through our own servers, and future upgrades are included in the subscription. There are many more benefits which you can read about here: What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

After the free account trial ended, your 1Password.com account became frozen, which is why you're seeing those messages in the app on your Mac and iPhone. Your purchase from the Mac App Store was only for the standalone app on your Mac and has nothing to do with your 1Password.com account. If you'd like to continue using your account, you'll need to reactivate your subscription by following the steps here: If your 1Password account is frozen

On the other hand, if you don't want to use your 1Password.com account, you'll need to copy all your items from the frozen account vault to a local vault in the 1Password app (once you've done that, you can sign out of the account on your Mac and iPhone). We have steps to do that here: How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

I'm very sorry for the confusion about all that! Hopefully this helps, but if you have more questions about any of that, please let us know. Cheers! :)

ref: XNA-11694-487

• vaniep
    vaniep
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the helpful information!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome, @vaniep! We're always happy to help, so don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything else :)

This discussion has been closed.