Is there a working keyboard shortcut yet?

Apologies for reposting about this issue, but the last mention I could find of it was a year old so I'm wondering if I'm just being thick and hotkey activation of the Chrome extension is already implemented and I just can't find it?

I saw the fix posted by one user in the old thread, but I couldn't get it to work off the bat and thought I'd check in here before starting to fiddle around with it on my own.

Being able to use my beloved keyboard instead of the filthy, vastly inferior, horrible mouse is in my use case a key feature so I'm hoping against hope that if it's not already implemented it's high on the list for an imminent release...

Comments

• joshjryan
    edited December 1969
    With version 0.7.2 you can use the command + \ keystroke to activate 1P.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, ctrloptcmd (now how did you come up with that name?)!

If you need further assistance please let us know.
  • MimerPlusPlus
    edited December 1969
    Hi

I can't seem to get the "command + \" shortcut to work on a Mac. Am i totally lost, or is this a Window shortcut?

/Dennis
  • MikeT
    edited December 1969
    Hi, welcome to the forums.

Make sure you guys have the latest versions installed for both Chrome and 1PW extension (0.7.2) and that no other extensions are taking that shortcut.
  • ctrloptcmd
    edited December 1969
    @MartyS "ctrl opt cmd". Clearer now? ;)
    (This is why I registered both ctrloptcmd.com and controloptioncommand.com for my blog)

Anyway; I have both 0.7.2 of the 1Password extension and what seems to be the latest version of Chrome. On my Norwegian MacBook keyboard there's no dedicated \-key. Rather I have to press opt-shift-7. Might the issue lie there? Is it possible to change the hotkey or failing that, is there some file in the extension I could hack to change it? I really really want the hotkey back.
  • rob
    rob
    edited December 1969
    ctrloptcmd wrote:
    Anyway; I have both 0.7.2 of the 1Password extension and what seems to be the latest version of Chrome. On my Norwegian MacBook keyboard there's no dedicated \-key. Rather I have to press opt-shift-7. Might the issue lie there? Is it possible to change the hotkey or failing that, is there some file in the extension I could hack to change it? I really really want the hotkey back.

Yes, the keyboard is most likely the culprit, but this thread details how to change the Chrome keyboard shortcut. It is not yet possible to do so within 1Password, unfortunately.
  • theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    ctrl + uppercase +7 doesnt work on my german keyboard.

I really miss my standard shortcut cmd + # ;)

would love to see this feature in the future!! :)
  • gabriel.parriaux
    gabriel.parriaux
    Community Member
    RobYoder wrote:

Yes, the keyboard is most likely the culprit, but this thread details how to change the Chrome keyboard shortcut.

Hi Rob,

The URL you indicate brings me to a missing thread. That's sad, because as some people mentioned earlier on the forums, the actual cmd + / doesn't work on international keyboards. That's very bad! :-(

I really need this shortcut to work as it is such a time saving feature! If it was possible to change this shortcut for anything else, it would be great.

Do you have another solution or do you know if Agile plans to change the actual shortcut that brings problems for international keyboards?

Thanks a lot for helping.

Best Regards

Gabriel
This discussion has been closed.