To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Lost Secret Key

Options
momaek17
momaek17
Community Member
edited June 2017 in Memberships

hi guys, I've lost my secret key and I send you an email then I got a robot reply. It does't work with the links in that email. I can't sign in and I can't get my secret key or emergency kit before sign in. That's a dead loop. I need your assistance. My account is [removed by AgileBits staff — this is a public forum]

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@momaek17: We don't have your Secret Key and cannot recover, reset, or provide it to you. It was generated locally on your device when you setup your account, and it is never transmitted. So unless you have it somewhere, you will not be able to access your account. If there were a way around this, it would be a security hole that an attacker could use to gain access to your data. So I hope you saved a copy of your Emergency Kit when you setup your account, or that you have access to it somewhere else — for example, in the app on one of your devices you've authorized. Otherwise you'll need to start over completely. I'll shoot you an email shortly in case you need help getting things setup again.

ref: HUR-43238-484

• momaek17
    momaek17
    Community Member
    Options

Is there anyway that I can recover my passwords?

• momaek17
    momaek17
    Community Member
    Options

I do not have any other devices that able to access my data. Is there a way to move data from one account to another account?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Is there anyway that I can recover my passwords?

It may be possible for you to, but we can't. As I mentioned previously, we don't have your Secret Key (or Master Password) and cannot recover or reset it for you. Well, I guess technically that isn't completely true: We could reset it, but then you still wouldn't be able to access your data. The Secret Key you created when you setup your account is used to encrypt your data. So without this, it cannot be decrypted. We could always give you a new Secret Key, but if your data is still encrypted with the old one, this will be useless to you.

I do not have any other devices that able to access my data. Is there a way to move data from one account to another account?

If so, and you really don't have access to your data anywhere, or the keys needed to get to it, then you will have to start over. I hope that's not the case, so we'll continue the conversation via email to see if there are any other options for you.

This discussion has been closed.