OS Version: macOS 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lorin Hochstein,

Sorry to hear the keyboard shortcut for the 1Password extension isn't working! Does it work if you click on the extension icon in Chrome's toolbar?

If the extension works when you click on it, but not when you use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut, please open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences > General to make sure that's the shortcut assigned to "Fill Login on current web page".

Or if clicking on the extension doesn't work, what happens when you try? If you get any errors, what do they say?

What exact version of Chrome do you have installed? It looks like the latest stable release is currently 59.0.3071.86. If you go to Chrome > About Google Chrome from the menu bar, that will show the version and also check for updates. If it installs an update, you'll need to relaunch Chrome - after that, does the extension work?

Thanks in advance! :)

• Lorin Hochstein
    Lorin Hochstein
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Drew_AG:

Confirmed that the "Fill Login on current web page" shortcut is assigned to ⌘\.

Clicking on the extension does, indeed, work, it's just the shortcut that isn't working.

I just updated to the latest version of Chrome (59.0.3071.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)), but it still doesn't work.

As a workaround for now, I've used Chrome's "Keyboard Shortcuts for Extensions and Apps" to assign ⌘P as the keyboard shortcut to activate the 1Password extension. But I would like to know why it is that the old keyboard shortcut fails to work.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lorin Hochstein,

Hmm, that's very strange! But I'm glad the extension is working in general. In case it helps, please try restarting 1Password mini: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Then unlock it again and try to use the keyboard shortcut for the extension in your browser. Does that make any difference? If not, please reboot your Mac, and try again once it restarts.

If the keyboard shortcut still doesn't trigger the 1Password extension, but it works if you click on it, something else might be interfering with that keyboard shortcut. Have you customized any shortcuts in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts on your Mac? If you look through the different categories and shortcuts listed there, does anything else use ⌘\?

Or do you know if you have another app that might use that same shortcut?

• Lorin Hochstein
    Lorin Hochstein
    Community Member
    Options

Resetting 1Password Mini seems to have done the trick!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! I'm glad that worked. Hopefully the shortcut continues working correctly, but if you run into more issues or have questions, we're here for you. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.