Apple Watch unlocking 1Password on MacBook Pro with Touch Bar.

wilmercb
wilmercb
Community Member
edited June 2017 in Mac

1Password on new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. The same way you can use your Apple Watch to unlock the computer, 1Password should have that feature too!

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wilmercb,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your suggestion! That's an interesting idea, and it would certainly be a cool way to unlock 1Password - however, my understanding is that it's much more difficult to do something like that than it seems. I don't think our developers currently have any plans to work on something like that, although perhaps they can consider it in the future. For now, hopefully using Touch ID to unlock 1Password isn't too much of a hassle. ;)

Thanks again for sharing your idea, we really appreciate it! If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

• alanhoyle
    alanhoyle
    Community Member

I came here to post this idea. I use my MacBookPro in "clamshell" mode with the cover closed and an external monitor/keyboard so I can't use TouchID, and end up typing the password many times.

Note that the Apple Watch can unlock any Mac so long as it has Bluetooth 4.0 and 802.11ac. This includes all MacBookPros since the late 2013 models. (Some earlier MBPs can have their airport card upgraded to support this too: I did that to my early '13 MBP.)

• @alanhoyle,

Thanks for the feedback. Its certainly something we've thought of, but i'm not sure if its something that we'll end up doing. As drew mentioned, that while it seems like it might be straightforward to implement. It is decidedly less so.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.