To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Didn't save master password on setup

ecr83
ecr83
Community Member

Hi,

I did something really dumb when I signed up; I downloaded the emergency kit and didn't enter my master password. I forgot it and now I can't get into my account.

More details:
I signed up on the web and entered my CC details for payment once the trial is over
I haven't added anything, so I'm not worried about losing any password data
I would like to be able to use the same email address & reset my account/payment details/etc, then sign up again using my same email address and make sure I'm not charged twice.

I know this is totally my fault; I'm just hoping you can reset this for me so I can sign up with my main email!

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:lost password after signing up

Comments

• Hi ecr83 - Sorry for the troubles. I'll be happy to assist. I just sent you over an email so we can work on this together. Since we will be discussing specifics relating to your account, it's best to continue the discussion via email. I look forward to getting you up and running with 1Password :smile: Talk to you soon.

ref: VNX-81853-748

• pg2011
    pg2011
    Community Member

Hi ,when I signed in for 1password I forgot to download my emergency kit and also saving the master password. I was using touch ID for a long time but now this option doesn't work any loner ... need urgent help please
    thanks Pet

• Hey @pg2011,

I'm sorry to hear about the lost Master Password! Touch ID is a great feature to conveniently open up 1Password, however your Master Password is still what is keeping your 1Password data safe. As such, you still need to know it and will be asked to enter it from time to time.

Sadly if you have forgotten your Master Password, there is no way for us to reset it. If you are in a Family or Team account with another admin on the account, then they may be able to help you recover it. If, however, you are alone in your account (or the only Admin), then there is not all that much we can do.

I'd recommend reading through this article that has some suggestions that might help you remember it:
    https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

If you're still not able to sign in, I'm sorry to say that the only other option would be to delete your account and start over. Let us know how you get on and we'll take it from there.

This discussion has been closed.