How do I create a login entry for an Android app?

archifishal
archifishal
Community Member

I've got a login for "www.costa.co.uk", but this is also valid for the Android app "uk.co.club.costa.costa" - I seem to remember that it was meant to be possible to create a 2nd website for the same item in the reverse order (ie. costa.costa.club.co.uk) and this would match the Android app.

Is that true, or did I imagine all of the above? :)

1Password Version: 6.5.3-BETA-2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• peri
    edited June 2017

Hey @archifishal. Nope! You didn't misremember that. For filling in apps using the custom keyboard and accessibility service, you'll want to revers the package name. This is just for app URLs, though, and not for the site URL. For the site URL, you'll want to use the one displayed on the login page.

For the app, you'll want to revers the app URL. So for uk.co.club.costa.costa, save https://costa.costa.club.co.uk. Let me know if that helps!

• archifishal
    archifishal
    Community Member

Hi @peri - that's what I thought, but it doesn't seem to be working... attached the Windows screenshot of 1Password, but in the Android app it says "No logins found for uk.co.club.costa.costa". I have vague recollections that at one point the Android app didn't support multiple websites in the same login, but I thought that had been resolved. Thoughts? :) (I guess I could try making another login with the 2nd website, but that kinda defeats the point)

• archifishal
    archifishal
    Community Member

Actually possibly https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/56982/multiple-url-missing-in-android-app suggests this is still a missing feature :/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@archifishal: Ah, sorry for the confusion there. That's correct. If you set that as the first URL, 1Password for Android can match it though. I hope this helps!

ref: OPA-55

This discussion has been closed.