How to create a login for an app?

guyviau
guyviau
Community Member

I have an app for my bank account (RBC) on my cell phone (Android). How do I create a login for my bank app on my cell phone? I tried and it asks for the URL. How do I find that for an app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @guyviau. Thanks for reaching out!

In order to match apps to Logins, we reverse the package URL. RBC Bank's package URL is com.rbc.mobile.android, so you should be able to save https://mobile.rbc.com with a Login for that app. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have more questions.

• guyviau
    guyviau
    Community Member

I tried that and I got an error message saying Page Web not available. net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

• peri
    edited June 2017

@guyviau To clarify, this isn't for signing in by tapping the URL in 1Password. Instead, launch the RBC app and use the keyboard and accessibility service to fill.

Let me know if that helps!

• guyviau
    guyviau
    Community Member

OK. I finally figured it out, after many attempts and hours wasted. The problem was that the instructions provided did not match the menu paths of my phone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017

Unfortunately available settings and their locations can differ heavily between devices and their customized OSes and apps. That's both a strength and weakness of the Android ecosystem. I'm sorry to hear your device's particular configuration proved to be an obstacle, but I'm glad to hear you persevered and were able to get it setup. And while we know all there is to know about 1Password, we have no way of knowing what stuff you're using and how it works; but we're more than happy to try to point you in the right direction if you need help with anything else. Enjoy your weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.