1Password doesn't let Macbook sleep: Macbook Pro Retina 2014.5 running MAC-OS Sierra

arthureisenhour
arthureisenhour
Community Member

If 1Password is active, when Macbook is put to sleep it immediately wakes up. If I Quit 1Password, Macbook stays in sleep until key/mouse activity. Is this a defect or a setting?
I also have 1Password on IOS devices that sync with the Macbook when 1Password is active on both but 1Password is not active on any IOS device when the Macbook sleeps or wakes up. There are no other devices that sync with 1Password.

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:1Password doesn't let Macbook sleep: Macbook Pro Retina 2014.5 running MAC-OS Sierra 10.12.5

Comments

• @arthureisenhour,

Thanks for writing in about this. That's certainly strange. Could you attempt the instructions given in http://www.macworld.com/article/1168151/software-utilities/find-out-whats-keeping-your-mac-awake.html to see if it does indeed identify the cause of the sleep prevention?

Rudy

• arthureisenhour
    arthureisenhour
    Community Member

Thank you for your response. 1Password hasn't kept my system awake since you gave me a method to find out what's keeping it awake. It's like the check engine light in my car which goes out without a trace or diagnostic code when I take it to the dealer. I'll be ready when the problem re-occurs. Thank you.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hmm, that's strange, but I'm glad it seems to be working correctly for you now! Hopefully the problem won't happen again and you won't need to follow those steps, but if you do, let us know how it goes and we'll continue from there. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.