i'm having a problem syncing w/ dropbox on one of my computers.

Options
chnacat
chnacat
Community Member
edited June 2017 in Mac

just upgraded to sierra. got connected to dropbox (DB), updated 1pw to latest version, keep adding the correct vault in DB to 1pw, it keeps asking me to fix the sync, and when i go back into prefs, the link to my DB is gone.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 671001
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:problem with dropbox sync

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chnacat,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble syncing via Dropbox!

Just to make sure I understand what's going on: You upgraded to Sierra and updated to the latest version of 1Password (6.7.1), and all your data appears in 1Password correctly, but it sounds like the sync settings keep getting disabled (set to 'None'), so each time that happens you have to re-enable it to sync with Dropbox and choose your sync file from the Dropbox folder. Is that all correct?

When you say "it keeps asking me to fix the sync", what exact message do you see? If possible, it would be great if you could take a screenshot of that message (just make sure it doesn't show any personal/private information) and include it in your reply.

What other devices do you sync with 1Password, and which version of 1Password is on those devices? Are any other devices having trouble syncing with Dropbox, or just your Mac? What are the exact steps you take to re-enable sync with that file in Dropbox? Have you rebooted your Mac to see if it helps?

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.