6.7.441 is updating event log every second with "reconnecting notifier...exception has occurred"

Options
yateveo
yateveo
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

6.7.441 is updating event log every second with "reconnecting notifier...exception has occurred".

1Password Version: 6.7.441
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 7 x64
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @yateveo,

Thanks for reporting that.

That means something is breaking the sync notifier in 1Password. Do you have an anti-malware solution and if yes, which one?

Are you seeing any network glitches?

• yateveo
    yateveo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,
    It is on a company laptop with mcafee which cannot be turned off. The laptop is behind the firewall and the sync notifier has never functioned here (see previous tickets).

• @yateveo thanks for reporting this, indeed notifier is too eager to reconnect even when it can't connect. Fix is coming with next update, sorry for the trouble :)

• j_hurst
    j_hurst
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile Do you have an estimate on when this is to be resolved? I am experiencing this same issue on version 6.7.454

• @j_hurst sorry for the trouble, the issue is fixed for the case when network is down, but when network blocks connections... I'll see what can be done to at least reduce the re-connection attempts spam rate. Am I guessing right that you are on the company network and it may be blocking connections? Could you please send us Daignostics Report so we can be sure we are fixing the right issue? Thanks!

• j_hurst
    j_hurst
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile I have emailed support with the requested information.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@j_hurst: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. :)

ref: CDH-76673-639

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

Just an update, we've shipped the 1Password 6.7.457 update that should address this. Please give it a try and let us know how it turns out.

This discussion has been closed.