Need additional clarification on inviting guests

Options

I think I'm clear on the process for inviting guests, but I'm still not sure who needs what exactly. I currently have a basic personal subscription. I have clients too, and I want each of them to be able to access their own vaults. As I understand it, I need to upgrade my account to Teams at $3.99/month per additional client, and then I can invite them. It seems they each need their own personal subscription at $2.99/month for this to work. So in essence it's an additional $6.98/month total (billed yearly, separately) for this to work. Do I understand this correctly? Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:guest

Comments

• Tully
    Tully
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @swordsandpens!

I'd agree that Guests could use a little clarification – it's something we're working on! For now, the best information is at in our support article on the topic. Guests get access to a single vault, and don't have their own Personal vault, but don't need to be paying subscribers themselves in order to use 1Password and access the vault you share with them.

You're correct in that Guests aren't available as part of an individual 1Password membership, and you'd need to step up to a 1Password Teams account to use them. It depends on the plan you sign up for, but presently you get 5 active guests included under the standard Teams plan, and 20 under the Pro plan. In either case, any active guests over and above that will be billed based on your plan's per-member price.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

• swordsandpens
    swordsandpens
    Community Member
    Options

I seem to have worked it out. Thank you.

• Tully
    Tully
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

Glad to hear it! Let us know if there's any more we can do to help. Thanks for using 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.