my one password extension in chrome browser appears light grey and i can't access it

Options
isaacof
isaacof
Community Member

THe condition is only in my imac , who was running ok till now. In my macbook works without a problem

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.9.90
OS Version: mac os sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:my one password extension in chrome browser appears light grey and i can't access it

Comments

• isaacof
    isaacof
    Community Member
    Options

usually you see it dark grey or black and you can click it

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Quitting Chrome and restarting it worked for me and some others, but not for everyone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@isaacof: Were you able to get it working by restarting Chrome as danco suggested? Often if Chrome does an update in the background while you're using it, it will invalidate its signature and 1Password will no longer be able to connect to it securely.

• isaacof
    isaacof
    Community Member
    Options

i force quit chrome and launch it again and is still the same , the extension appears on the toolbar almost invisble very light grey and unclickable

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@isaacof: Why are you having to force quit it? Is Chrome frozen for some reason? Can you elaborate on the symptoms you're seeing? Which version of Chrome are you using? I want to make sure we're on the same page.

• isaacof
    isaacof
    Community Member
    Options

i force quit it just to make sure that chrome was very well closed that's it nothing wrong with the browser

• isaacof
    isaacof
    Community Member
    Options

Version 60.0.3112.101 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    thats my version of chrome
    updated

• isaacof
    isaacof
    Community Member
    Options

i have also a macbook with the same operating system the same chrome version and the extension works fine .

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@isaacof Can you try simply quitting Chrome normally once (actually, do it a second time, if you get no change). I'm not certain that will make any difference, but it may have something to do with it. Let us know what you discover!

This discussion has been closed.