Backup my data from Android mobile

strengejacke
strengejacke
Community Member

I'd like to backup my 1Password data (on Android 8.0), however, there's no way to do this. DropBox Sync requires an existing file, which I don't have, and the options described here: https://support.1password.com/export/?android are not available.

Is it possible to backup my 1Password data?

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.0
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• loghome
    loghome
    Community Member

Sure, purchase one of their monthly subscriptions or you out of luck.

• strengejacke
    strengejacke
    Community Member

Hm, I thought paying for a product would be enough to get basic features like backup-function.

• loghome
    loghome
    Community Member

It was until just recently. Now it's impossible to make, save or start a new vault just using the Andriod platform. They are pushing their subscription service and have cut off people that paid for the "Pro" version in the past. DIRTY business practices.

• Hi @strengejacke. There are a few ways to back up your data. The easiest way is indeed by migrating to a 1Password account, as @loghome suggested. With 1Password accounts, we back up and sync your data automatically for you.

That said, if you're not seeing Dropbox as an option, and if you're not seeing the option to export a backup, then it sounds like you've already configured sync with local storage. Is that indeed the case? If you tap Settings > Sync, what do you see there?

• strengejacke
    strengejacke
    Community Member

I have the Dropbox option for synching, but I have no keychain-file yet. When I active Dropbox sync, it says I need to create that file first, linking to a page that suggests setting up a new keychain - by deleting all existing data first. But this does not seem like a feasible solution :|

• Thanks @strengejacke. I'm a bit confused by that. Setting up Dropbox sync for the first time will simply move your existing data into Dropbox. Only starting over and reconfiguring sync will require you to delete all of your data first. It sounds like you may be seeing a sync error such as Path not found or something similar, which indicates your vault was in Dropbox and has been deleted. Can you confirm if that's the case? If so, can you follow the steps here to try to recover the deleted vault?

If you're still having trouble, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: url
    • Your forum username: username

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• strengejacke
    strengejacke
    Community Member

Yes, I used Dropbox once to get my data from my iMac to my Android phone. After that, I deleted the file in Dropbox, but that's too long ago for a file recovery. Now I can't use an older keychain-file, probably because this has an invalid signature.

So, under this circumstances, is it possible to re-init the sync w/o deleting all existing data?

• Thanks for the update, @strengejacke. Do you have access to a Mac or PC? There's no way to reset sync on Android, and you'll lose the existing data by deleting the vault, so the best option is to create a new one and move it to the proper location in Dropbox.

This discussion has been closed.