After upgrading to 6.8.465 shortcut Ctrl+# for filling login data is not working anymore

rseibel
rseibel
Community Member

Actual Windows 10 64-Bit, actual Firefox and Chrome, german version.
Reinstalled Browser-Plugins, normal and beta versions.

Regards,
Roger

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cbb
    cbb
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

I can confirm this. Ctrl + \ not working on the english version.

Well that's strange, it wasn't working but now it is.

• Tundor
    Tundor
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Same here, this is very annoying. Issue came up with the latest beta.

• Hi guys,

Thanks for reporting this. I am not able to reproduce this on a few machines and we did test this long before shipping this.

First, did any of you see a MoveFile error when 1Password was updating? Did you try rebooting the computer just in case? It is not required but it helped in certain cases like this.

Please do send us your diagnostics reports, so we can see what's wrong. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• LyriCeZ
    LyriCeZ
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

Good morning,

I can also confirm that both Ctrl + \ and Ctrl + Alt + \ are not working for me after upgrading to 6.8.466. I will send a diagnostic report.

Update: Sent @ 2:44 am CST

Also of note, I rebooted prior to posting this message or sending the report and I am still unable to use the above commands.

• cbb
    cbb
    Community Member

Sent my diagnostics yesterday, although mine suddenly started working.

• LyriCeZ
    LyriCeZ
    Community Member

Are you running 6.8.446, or 6.8.465?

• cbb
    cbb
    Community Member

Mine started working yesterday but now I find this morning that both shortcuts are not working again. I sent diagnostics yesterday.

• Hatclub
    Hatclub
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

Happening here since 4.6 beta came out. Still happening in 466. Diagnostics sent.

1Password in the browser only works if I press the extension's icon.

FWIW I removed chrome's association in 1password, closed the settings sidebar, and reopened chrome and chrome reconnected to 1p without me being prompted to validate anything which seems... well, I expected to have to go through the code-challenge again.

• Hi guys,

Can you do this and let me know if it works better?

1. Right click on the 1Password icon in the notification tray area to select Exit. Also, close any web browsers.
    2. Open the run dialog via Windows Key + R and enter %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\app\6\AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop.exe /setup
    3. Now, open 1Password, your browsers and let me know if it works better.

@Hatclub, that's normal as it is now done automatically in the background for the Native Messaging protocol as the extension is talking directly to the 1Password process. The manual code authentication process is only required for when you're connecting the extension via the localhost websocket protocol, which requires a middleman through the network stack, thus the requirement.

• LyriCeZ
    LyriCeZ
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

Mike,

So I just did completed the steps you recommended and there is no change, for me at least.

Neither Ctrl + \ or Ctrl + Alt + \ are working for me.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

Ditto - does not work for me in any of Firefox, Chrome and Edge browsers. Restarting doesn't do anything, and applying @MikeT's workaround does not work either.

• @kop48 and @LyriCeZ: I actually think I'm able to reproduce this, but since I have 1Password 4 as well this is an extra variable and I'm not 100% sure about it. I'm going to touch base with the development team, but if I'm having the same issues y'all are, I think my experience should shed some light. :+1:

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

@bundtkate - glad to hear that you can repro. I'm happy to try to trace/debug this some more if you can't work it out.

• bundtkate
    edited October 2017

@kop48: I walked through some stuff with one of our developers and it looks like my issue may have been completely different (that darned extra variable), but I would like to ask you a few things to be sure there's no tie-in at all -- do you happen to have 1Password 4 installed on this PC? Have you had it installed in the past? If you exit 1Password 6 from the icon in your notification area (right-click > Exit), then relaunch, do you see any change in behavior? Thanks for your help testing things! :chuffed:

• LyriCeZ
    LyriCeZ
    Community Member

@bundtkate - I'm having this issue on a fresh install of Windows 10 current on build 1703 (Creators update) on my new Surface Pro. only have 1Password 6 installed. However, this issue is also happening on 2 other different Windows PCs. All running the latest 1PW6 beta build.

• @LyriCeZ: After some fiddling, I do think I ran into something a bit different, but I'm still covering my bases just in case. Am I correct to assume that exiting 1Password 6 and relaunching (without restarting your PC) doesn't change any behavior for you?

• LyriCeZ
    LyriCeZ
    Community Member

@bundtkate - I tried it just now, still not working.

• bundtkate
    edited October 2017

@LyriCeZ: Thanks for checking all the same! I see we did receive some diagnostics from you as well, so we'll take a look there for clues. Thanks! :chuffed:

ref: TWM-81782-922

• Hatclub
    Hatclub
    Community Member

%LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\app\6\AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop.exe /setup

This appears to have fixed ctrl-alt-\ for me (or perhaps it was just restarting 1password that did it?), and after I restarted Chrome after doing this, ctrl-\ in the browser worked again - on my home desktop anyway. Haven't tested the laptop that I'm having problems with yet. Can't remember if it's blighting my work desktop as well, will check it out tomorrow!

• bundtkate
    edited October 2017

@Hatclub: I'm glad to hear either Mike or I managed to resolve things for you on one computer. Of course, we'd love to know whether it was the restart or Mike's suggestion, but at the end of the day what matters is that things are working again. I look forward to hearing whether the same procedure nets positive results with the others. :chuffed:

• LyriCeZ
    LyriCeZ
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

@MikeT @Hatclub @bundtkate After Hatclub had success with Mike's instructions I attempted the steps again. First I exited 1Password 6 by right-clicking exit in the notification try, ran %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\app\6\AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop.exe /setup, restarted my pc, and then launched 1Password 6 and tried the shortcuts, no luck.

I tried once more, but this time I exited 1Password 6 via the notifciation try, ran %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\app\6\AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop.exe /setup, launched 1Password 6, launched Chrome, then attempted the shortcuts and now both Ctrl + \ and Ctrl + Alt + \ work.

So if you follow Mike's instructions exactly as he stated, it will probably fix the problem. Do not restart your PC prior to launching 1Password 6, followed by launching your browser, then attempt the shortcuts.

I think I restarted my PC earlier today just to be extra sure everything restarted properly and that may be the reason it didn't work for me the first time.

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member

I was having the same issue. @MikeT's solution appears to be working now. I'll see after reboot,etc

• LyriCeZ
    LyriCeZ
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

@MikeT @bundtkate @Spaldo I can confirm upon reboot 1Password 6.8.466. shortcuts Ctrl + \ and Ctrl + Alt + \ break every time. I rebooted 4 times in a row and lost the shortcut ability each time. 1Password does start after reboot, as it is in the notification tray each time I reboot.

Even if you launch the main 1Password app after reboot with it already in the notification tray, prior to attempting the shortcuts, they still won't work. Submitting your master password into the app after launching it on a fresh reboot doesn't fix it either.

However, Mike's instructions restore the ability to use the shortcuts reliably for me. It appears something is not happening upon reboot like it should.

I suggest looking into what happens or is not happening during reboot on version 6.8.466 for Windows. I'm on Windows 10 (version 1703, aka Creators Update, build 15063.632).

• LyriCeZ
    LyriCeZ
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

Apparently my comment disappeared and requires approval after editing it one too many times during my troubleshooting of this issue.

Here's what I found:

1Password 6.8.466 keyboard shortcuts breaks upon reboot every single time. It's in the notification tray after reboot, however you will not be able to execute shortcuts.

Following Mike's instructions (exiting via the notification tray, running %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\app\6\AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop.exe /setup, and then re-launching the main 1Password 6 app fixes the issue every time.

Something is or is not happening upon reboot for 1Password 6.8.466. on Windows.

I'm on Windows 10 (version 1703, build 15063.632) if that helps.

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member

Oh no, that's disappointing :(

• cbb
    cbb
    Community Member

I can confirm, following the instructions above gets it working, but shortcuts fail again after restarting windows

• Hi guys,

Thanks, we're investigating and will ship an update as soon as possible.

• Hi guys,

Quick update, I've got it reproduced and we're working on a fix. This issue will re-appear every reboot or whenever 1Password is launching with /silent command line parameter.

If your shortcuts isn't working, do this:

1. Exit 1Password by right-clicking on the 1Password icon to select Exit
    2. Open 1Password from the start menu (don't use shortcuts that may have /silent) or run 1Password like this: bring up run dialog (Windows Key + R) and enter %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\app\6\AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop.exe
  • Hey guys,

We've just shipped 6.8.467 update to address this shortcut issue.

Unfortunately, the fix is to display 1Password window temporarily before hiding it to allow us to register it for processing shortcuts. That means when you reboot or install an update, 1Password will temporarily show and then immediately hide itself.

We will fix this properly soon.

This discussion has been closed.