Master pass not working

Options
edkee
edkee
Community Member
edited October 2017 in iOS

Upgraded Mac OS 11.0.1 and latest app for my iPhone
No more fingerprint I’d
Ok glad I remember the master Pass ( use it all the time)
Decrypting .....
And no sorry - password no good ? Nogood?
Also your email of my account summary says I accessed it 27 sep 17 - but that’s not true - do you have a security breech ?
I have a Mac laptop too but I bought your app on the phone last year
And the directions for recovery from Ben?
No help
Does anyone at agilebits have a cell phone?

Thanks
[phone number removed by moderator for privacy purposes; this is a public forum.]

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@edkee: Thanks for reaching out. Can you clarify a few things? You didn't include many details, and it sounds like you're referring to a few different issues:

Upgraded Mac OS 11.0.1 and latest app for my iPhone

Are you using a Mac or an iPhone? Or both? And where are you having trouble? Also, which version(s) of 1Password are you using?

No more fingerprint I’d
    Ok glad I remember the master Pass ( use it all the time)

Depending on your settings, you'll still need to enter your Master Password at times. It's needed to decrypt your data. And when you update the OS, you will ALWAYS need to enter it, just like many of your other credentials (iCloud password, for example), as they are no longer cached after installing a new version.

Decrypting .....
    And no sorry - password no good ? Nogood?

What are you talking about? Please be specific. Do you have a 1Password Account? If you're having trouble entering your Master Password correctly though, these tips may help:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Also your email of my account summary says I accessed it 27 sep 17 - but that’s not true - do you have a security breech ?

What email are you referring to? We haven't had a security breach, but certainly if someone else has stolen your account credentials from you they could have used them. It's October though, so I suspect you've already used 1Password since September 27th. Is that correct? It sounds like you're saying you haven't used 1Password at all in an entire week.

I have a Mac laptop too but I bought your app on the phone last year

If you purchased 1Password, you'll have an email receipt for that. Please check your records.

And the directions for recovery from Ben?
    No help
    Does anyone at agilebits have a cell phone?

That's kind of an odd question, but I have an iPhone 7 Plus and Nexus 6P. It sounds like there's some more context here though, so if you can tell me what you're referring to (and what you're trying to do in the first place) I'm sure I can help. For instance, let me know the exact steps you're taking and what is (or is not) happening as you expect. That should at least give me a starting point. Thanks in advance!

• edkee
    edkee
    Community Member
    Options

Glad to see sarcasm is alive and well.
    Please tell me how to cancel my account.
    My password no longer works and all my data is lost .

Thank you

(Comments removed by user as this is a public forum)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@edkee: I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I apologize if it seemed that way to you. Certainly it's difficult to convey tone in text. I can't delete your account for you, but if you're certain that's what you want to do just follow the instructions in the email I've sent.

However, it's quite possible that there's an alternative if you'll give me some more information about where you've run into trouble. I've lost data myself, and it makes me sick when anyone else does. I see you've also emailed us separately, so I'll follow up there shortly to see what other options there might be. :(

ref: NWT-16742-644

This discussion has been closed.