Moving Android to a new Android, but no Dropbox and don't see local storage

Tyfourteen
Tyfourteen
Community Member

Moving from an Android to a new Android and can't find the local storage location. I did find the com.agilebits.onepassword, but it just had an empty cache folder. I would do it via Dropbox, but it doesn't show up anywhere when I click sync within the app. Ideas?

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android Galaxy S5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• saad
    edited October 2017

@tyfourteen I can certainly help with that! Have you already configured Local Storage sync on your Android device? If you have, you can view the location of your data folder by tapping on the ≡ Menu in 1Password and then going into Settings > Sync.

If you have not enabled sync yet, then the sync toggle will be disabled and we will need to configure that before you can copy it over to your new device.

• Tyfourteen
    Tyfourteen
    Community Member

Yeah, sync was enabled, but the file path wasn't visible on the device. I went ahead and created a 1Password account, copied my existing vault to the new one, but not everything transferred due to a sync error. In the interest of time since I'm planning to get a new device this evening, I had to hand transfer a boatload of info to my account on the computer. Just hoping it all transfers to the new device.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Tyfourteen: If you're copying the data manually over to a local folder, there's no real "sync" involved. So it may be that the transfer was incomplete. Also, not all devices support mounting SD cards and such as "local" storage, so copying it to the internal storage may help as well.

• alvincrespo
    alvincrespo
    Community Member

Yeah I believe I'm having the same issue.

Here are some screenshots of what I'm seeing:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QheYHICfG3RJlFLa2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9zERWfgw0LYDCRSP2

I'm on the new Pixel 2 - trying to connect my 1Password.

• Tyfourteen
    Tyfourteen
    Community Member

Ending up doing a manual transfer by hand for the ones that failed, but now have an account and everything is synced.

• alvincrespo
    alvincrespo
    Community Member

Oh wow. There is a new version with subscription service, so I just upgraded and things are working just fine. Love this product.

• I'm glad to hear you got everything working, @Tyfourteen!

@alvincrespo It sounds like you were using 1Password Reader! In that case, you will find 1Password 6 a huge improvement. Thanks for the kind words!

This discussion has been closed.