To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

AgileBits: your front page needs updating copyright date.

jimthing
jimthing
Community Member
edited October 2017 in Memberships

It's the small things. Hence this heads-up...

https://agilebits.com

Says: "©2015 AgileBits, Inc. All rights reserved. AgileBits is a privately held Canadian company. 317 Adelaide St. West, Suite 910, Toronto, Ontario, M5V1P9, Canada."

It's 2017 now, and soon to be 2018. May want to update that to look more up to date.

BTW, most sites use "©2006-2017 AgileBits, Inc." to cover for all the years their copyright has been applicable for. ;-)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @jimthing: I'm no copyright guru (and I'm American to boot so what knowledge I have may not be wholly applicable here), but what I'm seeing is that copyright notices are to include the date of first publication of the work (presumably 2015 in this case). We're I to hazard a guess, other companies have made significant enough updates to their copyrights that they are included other dates for when the updates were first published as well. Either way, I'll definitely pass along your feedback so someone with more knowledge than I can look into it. Thanks! :chuffed:

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

Sure, various things apply to these per territory. So a difference may be warranted.

I simply suggested ©2006-2017, as according to the history pages on the site, the company started in 2006 and still runs today (thankfully, haha!). Hence showing 2015 looks strange, and may give the corporate impression that the site was out of date, even if it isn't. Perceptions can be important, after all.

One could also use ©2006-present if it's something you don't want to update each year. ;-)

Thanks anyway.

• Thanks for the suggestion, @jimthing. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.