Can data and passcodes from another program be downloaded into your program?

rick_nishanian
rick_nishanian
Community Member

I was using i-passcode on my apple 6 phone. i-passcode is no longer supported by the developer and it will not work with ISO 11. I need to purchase a new passcode program, but I want to make sure I can recover my old data and get it transferred to my new program. Will your program permit that?

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @rick_nishanian :)
    Welcome to the forum! :) As for your question, that depends on if you can export the old data somehow. If you have access to the old data and i-passcode can export it to something like a CSV file, then yes, you should be able to import that into 1Password just fine. But if the data is stuck in i-passcode and there is no way for you to export it from that app, then, unfortunately, the old data is encrypted and cannot be read by 1Password or any other app. In that case, you are best off trying to contact the i-passcode developers for help with exporting your data as they will know more about how their app works than anyone here does.

I hope that is of some help. I'm sorry if it wasn't what you were hoping for. :(

• rick_nishanian
    rick_nishanian
    Community Member

I think it can be exported. It is in .ipb format, but it is not readable. When I open it on my computer, it shows up as just code. Unfortunately I have been unable to contact the developer.

• Hi @rick_nishanian,

Unfortunately unless the data can be exported in an unencrypted format we’d have no way of importing it. Sorry. :(

Ben

This discussion has been closed.