iCloud Sign In Freezes

Options
Zwerk
Zwerk
Community Member

Periodically I am asked to sign into iCloud but for several months I just get a spinning circle on the apple sign in page. I just close out the page as everything is working and syncing and I was hoping you would have fixed this on your own but it still happens months later. Whats the issue?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iCloud sign in feezes

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@zwerk,

You're doing the right thing, that spinning circle is entirely Apple's and as soon as connecting bounces you back to 1Password and sync completes its safe to close that window.

Rudy

• Zwerk
    Zwerk
    Community Member
    Options

It doesn’t visually bounce me back but the program loads and works fine so thanks I’ll just close out the safari window as usual. Thanks for the confirmation. My peanut brain is expecting something to transpire on the apple iCloud page with it’s little spinning circle. Just glad it’s not the pin wheel :) cheers

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Zwerk -- I had the same reaction the first time I went through that process -- it's amazing how well-trained by our devices we've all become. ;) We expect certain things to happen in certain ways, and if they don't we are convinced something must be wrong, even when it's not.

But - no matter how weird it feels - as rudy mentioned, in this case the process is complete and you can actually just close that window even with the little spinner continuing to spin! :)

• Zwerk
    Zwerk
    Community Member
    Options

You know I have to reopen this I have a brand new Mac on Sierra all the software is update I am synced to Apple cloud and 1-PASSWORD is now pestering 5 times a day to do my Apple iCLoud login... its too much and I need to stop this.

• @Zwerk: That's a slightly related issue, I'd bet. Apple recently shortened the time it will keep you signed in to iCloud unless you check the "Keep me signed in" box. Next time 1Password pesters you, make sure that box is ticked and let us know if it stops nagging. As an FYI, I found that I created my Apple ID login item on a page where I didn't want that box ticked and, as such, if I use 1Password to sign in to the iCloud authorization page, it will untick that box. This is, of course, exactly what I told 1Password to do, but in this case I do want the box ticked. As such, I'd recommend using copy/paste just this once to make sure it stays checked, just in case you did the same thing I did. Let us know how you get on. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.