Error on iPad: "No response code from server"

Options
ross_smith
ross_smith
Community Member

I'm trying to set up 1password on a new iPad Pro. I already have it working on my Mac and iPhone. When I try to sign in on the iPad I get "No response code from server". I tried setting up the account by scanning the QR code displayed on my phone, and I also tried entering all the details by hand, but they both give the same error. I also tried shutting down and restarting the iPad but it didn't help. 1password is working fine on the phone and Mac; all 3 devices are using the same account and on the same network, and the phone has the same versions of iOS and 1password. There's nothing wrong with the iPad's connection, any other app that connects to the internet works fine.

1Password Version: 6.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.0.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ross_smith: That means that there is either a connection problem: no response. Do you have VPN, proxy, or something similar setup there? Anything that prevents 1Password from connecting securely directly to the server will result in the connection being rejected. But I agree that it seems odd that only the iPad has this problem. Since you (and many, many others) are using the exact same app on other devices we know 1Password works. Have you tried a cellular connection (make sure cellular data is enabled for 1Password if you do) or network reset on the iPad?

• ross_smith
    ross_smith
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried it again (about 24 hours after) and this time it worked. Absolutely nothing was changed; I didn't even scan my account details again, just used the same settings still sitting there from last time. Nothing reset on the device or network or anything else as far as I know. Not using a VPN or proxy (home wifi network + DSL). Thanks, I guess :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well, I can't take credit for it working now, but I'm glad to hear that all is well for you. Thanks for the update! :)

This discussion has been closed.