1password mini taking too long to respond

tonyw
tonyw
Community Member

Hi
1password mini (the extension in Safari) takes forever to respond. I used to click on it and was immediately prompted to input a password. After inputting the password it would immediately open and allow access to my passwords. Now, and for a while, I click on the icon and have to wait minutes before the password box appears. Sometimes, I enter my password and again have too wait minutes before 1Password mini opens. It's making 1P unusable. Any ideas? Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.3 (683005)
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:mini

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @tonyw! Sorry to hear you're having troubles with a slow response from the Mini. There could potentially be a number of reasons for that, but since you didn't mention it, I'm wondering whether either quitting 1Password and the Mini by typing holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu works, or potentially restarting your Mac. If you've not tried these yet, that would be the first place to start. If that DOES resolve the issue, keep an eye on it to see whether you notice a gradual slowing-down of response time, or if it solves the issue completely. Let us know if you've already tried both these things.

• tonyw
    tonyw
    Community Member

Thanks. I usually use Mini without the main 1Password app open, by the way. I hadn't tried quitting the app in the way you suggested, holding Control and Option. I've done so but the behavior hasn't changed. I've already restarted the computer numerous times since the problem began and that hasn't helped either. Can you suggest something else to try?

• At this point I think it would be best to get a look at the logs from mini to see what it is doing. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#EEY-56549-222]

(Note for anyone else reading: this ID is unique to tonyw. If you need help please ask for your own.)

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

Thanks.

Ben

• firestorm_westy
    firestorm_westy
    Community Member

Hi Ben, I am having the same issue - I click on the Mini icon in the toolbar (or the browser plug-in for safari) and it takes ages for me to have the option to enter my password. I often get a message (from CleanMyMac) saying that Mini is not responding. Force quitting it DOES then make it open correctly on the second attempt. Much like Tony, I don't always have the main app open when I click on mini.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@firestorm_westy - if you've been using CleanMyMac, that may be the source of the problem. Not to disparage CMM, but the tool they provide can be quite powerful in unexpected and unwanted ways, if you're not careful with how you use it. If you have ever uninstalled or "trimmed" 1Password using CMM, that may account for some or all of the issue you're seeing now. However, we won't know until we've taken a closer look at your specific setup. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#DIA-88914-663]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @firestorm_westy only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: DIA-88914-663

• firestorm_westy
    firestorm_westy
    Community Member

Hi Lars, done and sent. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@firestorm_westy Great! Someone will be with you shortly. :)

This discussion has been closed.