Cannot Find Setting > Sync

mbb624
mbb624
Community Member

I am switching from iPhone to Android and need to sync with my Dropbox vault. I have Dropbox 6.6.2 on Android 7, downloaded from the Play Store on 11/1. The instructions in the app say to go to the menu, choose Settings and then Sync. I have looked through the entire app and I do not see Settings > Sync in the Settings menu or on any other menu. So either the instructions are wrong or I've missed it. Please advise!

I have a paid-up Dropbox account, but I cannot take the risk of switching my passwords to it until I am back at home base. I am on the road for another two weeks and a long way away from home base.

1Password Version: Android 6.6.2
Extension Version: 6.6.2
OS Version: Android 7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:android sync with dropbox

Comments

• Hi @mbb624. Thanks for getting in touch!

It sounds like you may have signed up for one of our new accounts on your Android device. With 1Password accounts, your data syncs automatically, so you don't need to sync with Dropbox or any other third party. Therefore you won't see Sync in Settings.

If you want to stick with the account, you can move your data into it instead. Just follow the steps here from your iPhone to do so:
    https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

Otherwise, you'll need to start over on Android, and choose Dropbox sync from the welcome screen, rather than signing into your account there.

Let us know how that goes!

• mbb624
    mbb624
    Community Member

I didn't have a change to try this on my trip, so I ended up dragging two phones around :(

Now I'm back, I'll give it a whirl and let you know,

• Great! Let us know how it goes!

• mbb624
    mbb624
    Community Member

Perl - I finally got around to doing this and it worked. Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Cheers!

• That's good news! Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.