Accessing data after evaluation phase is made in stand-alone mode ?

Hello,

I am currently in the trial phase of 1Password, I didn't create an account and preferred to use WLAN/Wifi to sync my Mac with my iOS device.

As I am about to enter some of my data for the trial, I would like to make sure I understand what the data will become when the trial phase is over, in the different cases :

a) I acquire 1P using the subscription model :
I know I can move data from my local vault to the account. Must this be done before the trial phase expires, or can it be done at any time after ?
b) I buy 1P with a stand-alone license :
Nothing to move then, but again can it be done any time after the expiration of the trial phase ?

c) I don't acquire 1P and choose another solution.
Can I export the data from 1P at any time ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
J-L

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12
Sync Type: WLAN/Wifi

Comments

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

@Caminante: You can do any of these things at any time. You can use 1Password in "read-only" mode with a standalone vault or in "frozen" status with a 1Password account. Both of these states will allow exporting, viewing, and copying/pasting your data. Assuming you allow your trial to expire, if you decide to purchase (whether a 1Password membership or a standalone license) all functionality of the apps will be unlocked. Since you're currently set up with a standalone vault, you'll see everything come back right away with a standalone license and full function will resume when you sign in with your 1Password account if you go the membership route.

I hope this helps, but let us know if you have additional questions. :chuffed:

• @bundtkate : thank you very much for these answers, which perfectly clarify the situation for me. I also appreciate the policy which lets full freedom to the customer/prospect.

I had another question but I think I found the answer : if I understand correctly, there is now a 1password.eu site, which is based on servers in EU (AWS in Germany). Could you please confirm ?

Thanks in advance.

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

@Caminante: Correct. If you choose the .eu region for your 1Password account, your data will live in Frankfurt. :+1:

• @bundtkate : Great! Another question if it is not too much : I understand that, to take advantage of an 1P account, I need to acquire the license using the subscription model. Conversely, if I intend, at least in a first phase, to use only WLAN/Wifi mode without an account, is the stand-alone license mandatory or can I use a subscription ?
    The point is, if I start without an account and buy the stand-alone license, then if I change my mind, I would have bought the stand-alone license and no more usage for it.

• rickfillionrickfillion Junior Member

Team Member

@Caminante : In order to use WLAN sync you'll need the standalone license, and you're right that if you then switch to a 1Password.com membership your standalone license won't be of much use.

I really recommend that you start with the 1Password.com membership. It's simply the best way to use 1Password.

Rick

• @rickfillion : OK, thanks for your answer.
    J-L

• rickfillionrickfillion Junior Member

Team Member

You're welcome.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.