Original app

How do I get the original app app back with all of my information in it? I had to get a replacement phone & now I can’t access 1P. Super frustrated!!!! I have recommended this app to schools for their parents to use to help remember the passwords to their kids grades, assignments, etc. Not sure that was such a great recommendation now.

Comments

• I purchased the app several years ago. I never had any problem when I got a new phone until about a month ago. Now I cannot login & it’s wanting me to pay a subscription. Why is that? How do I get my old data back?

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

@Laurab: Do you recall if and how you were syncing your vault (usually a 1Password membership, iCloud or Dropbox)? You'll need to sync up 1Password on your new phone with your old vault in order to retrieve your data. If you still have your old phone handy, that can be helpful, though I do see that you mentioned needing a replacement. If you still have it and it's functional, let us know -- we can get some information from the old phone to help set up the new one. :+1:

• I do not know if I was syncing the vault. I don’t even remember their being a vault. I will have to look at my husband’s phone & account tonight after work. I never had a problem before going from an old phone to a new one. Why the problems now? I don’t have access to the old phone because it was warranty work. They replaced my phone due to it overheating. The did a backup on my old phone & then restored the new one through iTunes. UGH!!!!

• rickfillionrickfillion Junior Member

Team Member

This sounds very frustrating, @laurab. I'm sorry that you're having to go through this.

Everyone who uses 1Password has what we call a vault, which is really just our term for "all of your logins, encrypted by your Master Password".

On that first screen that you see when you launch 1Password, there should be a section labeled "Already using 1Password?" with options like iCloud and Dropbox. I recommend that you try tapping on both iCloud and Dropbox and go through that process. It'll perform a search there for your vault and see if it's able to find it. If you've been a 1Password user for a long time that's likely where you'd have set things up in the past.

Let us know how this goes.

Rick

• I don't have "Launch 1password". I enter my original password from the old app & it goes to the settings screen.

• I need back into the original app I had & am unable to. I can't spend 3 days trying to get answers. I paid $10, I think, about 4 years ago & never had problems when I got new phones until now.

1Password Version: 7.0
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 11.1.1
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@Laurab: By "launch 1Password" Rick just means when you open/run the app. That isn't a command/setting/menu item.

1Password should remember what you last had open when you open it again. If Settings (the "gear" icon) is selected, that will only show you the settings. If you tap Categories (the "file cabinet") icon instead, that will let you access your data in the app.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• brentybrenty

Team Member
    edited November 2017

@Laurab: I've merged your separate post here. Please don't send messages in multiple places. That makes it take longer for us to respond to everyone — including you.

If you prefer, you can email us at [email protected] ... but definitely check out my reply above. It really sounds like the app is already setup and you just need to select a different section there. Cheers! :)

ref: NUJ-95924-129

• I have emailed & no response yet. I don’t know if the screen shots will show up or not. Your last reply didn’t help. I can’t figure out how to get my old data back. I paid outright for the app probably almost 4 years ago as did my husband. Neither of us have had this problem before.

The sections are empty - Categories, Favorites, & Organize.

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@LauraB thanks for the screenshots! Unfortunately, the one which would've been crucial wasn't included in your post -- that would be the Categories view. If you tap "Categories," what do you see? I also see my colleague Megan has replied to you via email.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@Laurab: I'm going to close this discussion for now since you indicated you might prefer email and we already have a conversation going there. Please reply to Megan whenever it's convenient for you and we'll help you get things setup. :)

ref: NUJ-95924-129

This discussion has been closed.