License issue on reinstalled version 6.

kennw10
kennw10
Community Member

Currently running 1password version 6.8.4 on a license purchased in October 2013, on my three Macs. I had to reinstall 1password on one of them, my mini, due to virus concerns. I cannot find the way to get my license in the reinstalled product. Is there a way to enter the license or get it to work again? It seems to require some new registration or plan? I really love the program, still works great on my other Macs, and I don't need a different plan, this works great for my needs. It's just me, no family, and obviously I've been using it, and recommending it, for years ( I retired from an Apple Store ). Also, does this mean the program might just shut off on my other Macs, including my iPads and phone? I rely on your program and the passwords generated by it, some I don't have written down. Should I make a hard copy? Help!!

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:legacy versions

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kennw10: Thanks for reaching out! And congratulations on your retirement! :)

While 1Password only knows that you purchased it if you register the app with your license (or account), if you don't nothing happens to your data: you can still access it; you just won't be able to make changes there.

Definitely check your records, as you'll have a record of the purchase regardless of where it was from. For example, you will need to install it from the Mac App Store if that's where you bought it.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• kennw10
    kennw10
    Community Member

Thank You

• On behalf of brenty you’re most welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.