Vivaldi Sync and addons...

Cafeine
Cafeine
Community Member

I'm trying the latest snapshot of Vivaldi to try the new sync feature. On the Mac, it did update the addons from my Windows version, but 1password just don't work. It plays hide & seek for a while (icon flickers in the menu bar) then stays visible but inactive. Left clic does nothing. I tried to uninstall it, 1password mini propose to install the addon, I did that, same problem.

I know everything here is in super beta mode, I just wanted to let you know about it. :)

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.13.2
OS Version: OS X 10.13.1
Sync Type: 1Password Vault

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the heads-up, @Cafeine - a couple of our developers here are real fans of Vivaldi, so I'll make sure to let them know. In the meantime, are you getting any error messages when this happens, or only what you've described?

• Cafeine
    Cafeine
    Community Member
    edited November 2017

No error that I can see, just the weird things described. And fun fact, I used the latest 1Password X to get 1P working (kinda) on Vivaldi while I wait for a fix... ;)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Cafeine - Excellent! 1Password X is really spiffy, huh? I'm sad it's only for Chrome-ish folks right now, but wow is it cool. I'm as anxious for the rollout to Firefox and other browsers as anyone. :)

• Cafeine
    Cafeine
    Community Member

Damn, me too! With a password generator + other browser support, I'll be an happy subscriber for years. 2.0 should be glorious. :°)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the kind words, @Cafeine! We are always glad to have every drop of feedback we receive, whether positive, negative or simply informational -- it keeps us in line with what's working well for users and where we could improve. Not gonna lie, though -- the "positive" stuff is more fun to read. :)

• Cafeine
    Cafeine
    Community Member
    edited November 2017

And you deserve some positive stuff, I did my share of rant here too. Linux, the hard phase about the subscription model, the horrible Windows version... But hey, I'm (we're) still here ! (and I reviewed everything - that's my job. :P)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Cafeine :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.