Pricing Discrepancies Between MacOS Application and Website

I just downloaded 1Password as it's something I want to try out to consolidate all of my passwords into one place as well as other information if possible.

Upon opening the link and looking into purchasing a license, I was informed that it was $3.99 a month. But then on the website saw that it was $2.99 a month. Is there a difference in what I am receiving? If I continue to sign up via the MacOS application will I be billed $2.99 a month or $3.99 a month? This is quite confusing... And if I can sign up for an entire year, will I save 25% off of the $2.99 price or the $3.99 price?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @quinton_c

I’m sorry for the confusion. The difference is in how the App Store (what you see in the app) and our website display pricing.

The price if paid monthly is $3.99 USD per month ($47.88 per year) for an individual account. The price if paid annually is $2.99 USD per month ($35.99 per year) for an indivudual account.

We display the annual price by default, the App Store displays the monthly price by default.

And if I can sign up for an entire year, will I save 25% off of the $2.99 price or the $3.99 price?

The $2.99 price is the discounted price for paying annually.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.