To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have 2 different versions of 1Password - one on my mac & one on my MacBook Air.

Options
suegray99
suegray99
Community Member

I bought both versions, thinking that the more recent would have updated on my Mac, but it didn't. I have tried contacting you before but gave up due to the complexity. I want to merge both accounts, as there is info on one thats not on the other, and updated passwords on one that aren't on the other. I also have an iPhone and want to use it on that too.

1Password Version: 6.2.1 and 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.1 on both
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have 2 different versions of 1Password - one on my mac & one on my MacBook Air.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @suegray99! Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting all your 1Password data consolidated. Are you running both versions on the same Mac? Or do you have two different Macs, one running 3.8.22 and one running version 6? Can you give us specific versions of OS and of 1Password you're running, and how you're syncing your data (if you are)? Thanks!

• suegray99
    suegray99
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars - I am running 3.8.22 on my aged Mac - (late 2009), and 6 on my newer MacBook Air - about 3 years old. I bought the newer one as I could not get 1Password to install on my MacBook. I assumed it would update on the Mac, but have had historical problems getting the machines to sync on iCloud. I think the iCloud sync issue is now resolved

• suegray99
    suegray99
    Community Member
    Options

Oh and the 2 apps do not sync on iCloud. I had assumed they would

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@suegray99 - thanks for the clarification/update. So, if you've got data in both places on your Mac, then the best thing to do will be to migrate the data from the older Mac into a separate, secondary vault on the newer one, then move specific items from that vault into the Primary vault on the newer Mac, creating a complete and up-to-date copy of all your data, without any duplicates.

I'll be straight-up with you; this will require some manual curation of the data on your part, but you'll only have to do it once, and at the end you'll have a lovely, clean data set in your Primary vault on your new Mac. You will NOT be able to have this vault also on the older Mac in 1Password 3 for Mac, as there have simply been too many changes to the database structure in the interim to be easily able to sync data from those two versions (1Password 3 for Mac and 1Password 6 for Mac). If you'd like to proceed with this approach, let us know and we'll get you the instructions.

• suegray99
    suegray99
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars - I am running 3.8.22 on my aged Mac - (late 2009), and 6 on my newer MacBook Air - about 3 years old. I bought the newer one as I could not get 1Password to install on my MacBook. I assumed it would update on the Mac, but have had historical problems getting the machines to sync on iCloud. I think the iCloud sync issue is now resolved tho

• suegray99
    suegray99
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars
    That would be great. I also need to know how to get the newer version on my old Mac (and my new iPhone). I have tried in the past but it wanted me to buy it again. I have already bought it twice - the second time thinking it was an update - so I wasn't keen on paying for it for a third time.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@suegray99: Thanks for the additional clarification! 1Password 3 predates iCloud, so it cannot sync with that. Since it sounds like there's a few different things involved here, I'd like to work with you via email to get everything sorted.

The best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report for each device so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send them to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#BFR-48886-324]

If you’re reading this and you are not suegray99, this Support ID is for suegray99 only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you in getting setup. Thanks in advance! :)

ref: BFR-48886-324

This discussion has been closed.