To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

you guys have lost your MINDS with this secret key business. i need help. YOU need help.

Options

i am trying to log into my account on my ipad, which has had 1password installed for a long time. it's asking me for a secret key. i don't have this. it's unclear if i ever had this. if i ever downloaded an emergency kit as a pdf, it is surely NOT in my downloads folder. people clean these out, regularly - "look in your downloads" folder is NOT a solution for most people. then you send me to your browser and evidently i can have a license without an account? so i ask a question on the forum but i can't post it without an account. so no i have an account. and your instructions for finding a secret key which i may or may not have requires me to have a secret key to log in. WTF! i need someone to explain the recent changes to 1password, which is mission critical to pretty much everything i do, and stop making arbitrary changes and inventing new layers of security that will lock existing users out. please get in touch with me. i though 1password was a very good solution until today - now i think you all have lost your minds.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:secret key

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @koichijohnkurisu

Secret Keys are something that only 1Password.com Membership (what we mean when we say "Account") users have. If you have never heard of a Secret Key before, it's possible you don't have one or need one.

How have you been syncing your 1Password data up until this point? Are you using a 3rd party service? In that case, when you open up your iPad, you are greeted with a welcome screen. Under the "Already using 1Password" section, scroll down and pick the service you have been using and not the "1Password Account" button. That should let you sync up your data.

• PSG18
    PSG18
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. I've just installed High Sierra on my Macbook Pro; and lost 1Password. I have found my account and can access it, but don't have the Safari extension. Trying to download it but no good: says it can't install it. Whenever I try to open my account through preferences it says I need a secret key. Exactly as @koichijohnkurisu .

• PSG18
    PSG18
    Community Member
    Options

^^ Cancel all that: it's suddenly re-appeared!!!! Bizarre, but as long as it stays, that'll do nicely

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad you were able to sort it out! In case it helps anyone else, a Secret Key is part of a 1Password.com membership. You won't have one otherwise. But no matter which "flavour" of 1Password you pay for, you can get the apps and browser extension from our website:

https://1password.com/downloads/
    https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.