To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I've forgotten my master password!

Options
bernieraffe
bernieraffe
Community Member

I'm locked out of 1password because I've forgotten my master password.

I have an account and I have my secret key, I've been using 1Password for months and I have hundreds of bits of info in there, and stupidly I never did write down my master password, thinking I'd always remember it. Now, in my old age I've forgotten it.

I tried to use touch ID on my phone but of course I have to get in first to change the setting.

I've read through all the help, but none of it helps me.

Is there any way at all of resetting the password

Thanks for any help
Bernie

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited December 2017
    Options

@bernieraffe: I'm sorry to hear about the lost Master Password! :frown: If you have 1Password Families or 1Password Teams, another person may be able to recover your account for you. Beyond that and what's suggested in this article (which it sounds like you've already read), there's not much else to try besides guessing. You can certainly continue to guess your Master Password as many times as you'd like (you won't get locked out) and I'd definitely encourage you to give it a try. The strangest things jog our memories and I've had long-unused passwords that never made their way into 1Password come to me in the shower on occasion. If you're convinced you'll never remember, we'd be happy to help you start over. Just send us an e-mail to support@1password.com from your registered address asking to start over and we'll help you start over from scratch. :chuffed:

ref: VUA-62562-596

• bernieraffe
    bernieraffe
    Community Member
    Options

Panic over, I finally remembered it.

In fact, I'd already emailed support to request a reset of the account, fortunately for me, they asked me to confirm first.

Phew!!

Thanks for your reply though

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sure thing! I'm glad to hear you were able to get it sorted out, because that isn't something we can give you since we never have it. But if you store your Emergency Kit somewhere secure like a safe deposit box, you'll always have your credentials it just in case. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.